As the holidays approach, you are probably wrapping things up at work and home – both figuratively and literally. Year-end projects, holiday shopping, tedious gift wrapping, Christmas baking, family parties…there’s a lot on the go and we all only have so much time in a day.
As fun and festive as the holidays are, sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves, and quite often the stress kicks in…and then your immune system takes a hit. Remember, your health is the most important thing during the holiday season so make sure to take time for YOU.
Here are some easy ideas for stress-free, chill time:
1. Take a bath and hide your phone. No need to check emails while you’re soaking in the tub.
2. Pour a glass of wine (or cup of tea), grab a cozy throw and read a book or watch some Netflix…like Bob Ross. The most calming human ever. Have you watched him??? I assure you that you’ll feel more relaxed after you watch him paint – it’s a super odd show but also oddly calming.
3. Go for a walk and admire the Christmas lights – it’s exercise AND Christmas fun.
4. Maybe baking is a stress reliever for you? It is for me. Grab your apron and make some sugar cookies. You’ll be checking two things off your list: cookies for your holiday treat tray and a little time to de-stress.
5. Light some candles, turn on your diffuser and just sit. Sit and breathe. Sit and meditate. Just be still and be in the present. Stop and chill – you deserve it.
How do you de-stress and take time for yourself during the holiday season?