When it comes to traveling, the less stress involved the better. One aspect for creating a stress-free trip is packing the right essentials. I’m always on the hunt for new products and items to make your travel accommodations your home away from home.
I just recently got back from 10 days in California, and as we hopped around from city to city, I was happy to have these go-to essentials!
1. Maui Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner – I got mine in the travel size option. I love bringing my own shampoo and conditioner to hotels because often I find their complimentary products don’t mesh with my hair all too well.
2. Maybelline Total Temptation Palette – An all-in-one eye and cheek makeup palette so that you don’t have to worry about packing various shadows, highlighters and blushes. I love having this in my makeup bag.
3. Province Apothecary Sleep Well Therapeutic Roll On – When you’re in a new bed in a new environment, sleeping can sometimes be difficult. I love having a relaxing scent, like this one, to roll on my temples and wrists to help me feel more relaxed as I try to get some z’s. This one smells so heavenly and doesn’t leave your skin feeling oily.
4. Genuine Health Advanced Gut Health Probiotic – Most probiotics require refrigeration, this one, however, comes in vacuum sealed capsules…so no refrigeration is necessary! I find probiotics are super important when traveling for ensuring a happy tummy when always eating out at restaurants.
5. Coola Face SPF 30 Matte Finish – Sunscreen is always important, but especially when you’re spending the majority of your travel days outside. I love this face sunscreen, it’s perfect under makeup and doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy.
6. Essie Gel Couture, Inside Scoop – Essie’s Gel Couture line is great for traveling. It’s a polish that lasts for at least seven days without chipping (and doesn’t require UV light to set) and it’s the perfect item to keep in your carry on just in case you do need to touch up your nails during your trip.
7. Reef Cushion Sandals – My mom got me these sandals a couple years ago and I bring them with me wherever I travel. Not only are they the comfiest flip flops I’ve ever owned, but they’re great to have around your hotel room when you need to easily slip on some shoes to run to the ice machine. Love them!
8. Ear plugs – If you’re a light sleeper, ear plugs will be your best friend. Maybe you have a noisy hotel room looking out onto the city…or maybe your partner isn’t used to the hotel pillows and is snoring more than usual. Earplugs are cheap, take up the least amount of room and you 100% won’t regret packing them. Tip – if you forget to pack them, most hotels do have them at the front desk, just call down and ask.
9. Omorovicza Midnight Radiance Face Mask – After a long travel day, your skin is usually in need of a hydration boost. I love bringing a good quality face mask with me…and Omorvicza‘s mask takes the gold for the best hydrating mask I. have. ever. tried. It’s pricy but lasts a long time and is 100% worth it.
10. BKR Teeny Water Bottle – I love this super cute, teeny-tiny, 250 ml, lightweight water bottle. It’s great to keep in your carry on. Just remember to make sure it’s empty before you go through security!
11. A good eye mask – I haven’t pictured it above, but I always make sure I travel with an eye mask, just in case the hotel room is bright when sleeping. One of my favourite eye masks/pillows is made by Sam Yoga.
What are some of your favourite travel essentials to make traveling a bit more stress-free?