The holidays are right around the corner…it’s the end of November! Can you believe how quick November went? With the holidays comes snacking…and with snacking comes new year resolutions to hit the gym. As much as I’m all for indulging during the holiday season, it’s also important to remember to snack mindfully (aka healthy snacking!). I’ve rounded up some of my favourite go-to, healthy, gluten-free snacks that are perfect to keep in your purse or gym bag while you’re on the go, or to nibble on at home while watching Netflix.
1. enerjive Quinoa Crackers – Rock Salt: these gluten-free crackers are packed with a punch. A source of fibre, refined sugar free and all natural. I love snacking these as they are, or dipping them in hummus.
2. Hungry Buddha Coconut Chips: I love the Cheeky Chocolate and Heavenly Honey flavours. They’re great to add to your own homemade trailmix or granola, or to even just eat them by the handful. They made a great desk-side snack.
3. MadeGood Granola Minis: MadeGood is my current obsession. The Granola Minis in Chocolate Banana and Apple Cinnamon are on my repeat on my grocery list. I love keeping them in my purse for when I get hungry or snacking on them mid-morning. I also love their granola bars – like Mixed Berry. All of MadeGood products also are free of the 8 common allergens and contain a serving of veggies per portion. Pretty awesome, eh?
4. Neal Brothers Organic Cheese Pops: These cheese puffs don’t replace my love for Cheetos, but they are a great alternative for the health-conscious snacker. They definitely make a good TV snack.
5. BOOMCHICKAPOP: Popcorn ranks high as one of my favourite snack foods. I also love how rich in fibre and low in calories it is. BOOMCHICKAPOP in Sea Salt has the perfect balance of salt and butter and it’s a great snack to take in your lunch bag or to snack on watching TV. I’m also a huge fan of their Kettle Corn. SO GOOD!
6. Kuna Pops: These puffs are similar to cheese puffs, but they’re made with quinoa and chia. They’re really tasty and make the perfect snack to have on the go!
What are some of your favourite healthy snacks?