In my full-time job I work in the financial industry and we break up the year in quarters – which are three-month periods on the financial calendar. A quarter refers to one-forth of the year and is known as ‘q’. As we come up to the end of March, I thought I’d share my favourite products of Q1 – The Best of Q1 – before kicking off Q2 (which starts in April)!
1. Pixi Glowtion Day Dew – I love this. It smells like lavender, doesn’t leave my face sticky and gives a soft dewy shine on the face. A great base for makeup!
2. Gosh Prime’n Set Powder – This is definitely a dupe for Makeup Forever’s HD Microfinish Powder. It’s also half the price. I use it as a base before applying blush, I set my under eye concealer with it and I swipe it across any shiny parts of my face.
3. Saje Restoral Healing Skin Ointment – I use this as a cuticle oil for my nails and love it. It’s not super greasy or sticky. It’s really meant for irritated skin but it totally doubles for cuticle health.
4. Joe Fresh Macaron Tinted Lip Balm – This tinted lip balm is part of Joe Fresh’s Spring ’17 Collection. It’s super moisturizing and the colour is a sheer pink. I’m really happy with this product and it reminds me of Maybelline Baby Lips.
5. Beaute Nouveau Clay + Mineral Masque – An all natural clay masque that helps remove toxins and debris on the skin. It makes my skin feel super soft after washing it off.
6. eos Cucumber Melon Visibly Soft Lip Balm – This is an eos limited edition balm, part of their Spring 2017 pack. It smells exactly like cucumber and melon should and I love how soft it makes my lips feel. This comes in a two-pack with the Coconut Milk lip balm (which is just as awesome).
7. essie Bordeaux – A deep red nail polish. I love the richness of this colour and it’s beautiful paired with blush garments.
8. Joe Fresh Highlighter Stick in Pink Pearl – This colour is part of their Spring ’17 collection. It’s a subtle pink and it glides onto the skin very well. It almost turns into a powder when you swipe it on the skin – love how soft it is.
9. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara – Seriously one of my new favourite finds. It’s one of the best mascaras I’ve ever used it and it’s on par with Chanel’s Le Volume mascara. Love, love, love!
10. Hair Slinky by La Vita Glam – Just like the site says, “the best hair tie ever”. I totally agree with this. It doesn’t pull on the hair or leave any dents if you have your hair in a ponytail all day. I didn’t think these hair ties would actually work but they do. They’re amazing. I also love that they’re plastic and waterproof. You know when you get out of the shower and put your hair up and then your hair elastic gets all wet? Well, these don’t!
11. Talula Renfrew Bralette in Ash – My go-to bra everyday. I am a huge bralette fan and this one is one of my favourites. I love the thick band and it’s super comfy – doesn’t even feel like I’m wearing a bra.
12. Gliss Ultimate Repair Express Repair Conditioner – I’ve been using this after washing and conditioning with the Ultimate Repair Shampoo and Conditioner and I love this three-step process. It’s been leaving my hair feel super smooth and I feel like this leave-in condition adds an extra boost of hydration, which my hair has seriously been in need of lately.
13. Squish Candy Champagne Roses – Perfect for my sweet tooth and I love how beautiful these candies are. They also have a hint of a champagne taste…which makes these candies even better.
14. essence Contouring Eye Pencil – I really like this pencil and it’s so affordable…only $5. I use this to fill in my brows and then the use the highlighter to add a touch of shine under the brows.
15. PUR Mints Tangerine Tango – Free of sugar, aspartame, gluten and free of all common allergens. These mints are super refreshing and the tangerine taste reminds me of summer. Perfect when you’re craving something sweet but also need to refresh your breath.
16. Banana Republic Sculpt Fray-Hem Skinny Jeans – My go-to jeans as of late. They have ‘smart stretch’ technology, which allow them to form to your body but don’t stretch out as you wear them throughout the day. They fall right at the ankles and I love the slight fray at the bottom. Super cute and so comfy.