It is CRAZY to think 2019 is just weeks away. 2018 was a very busy year and I feel like it just flew by – who else is with me?! Lately I’ve been reading a lot of wellness trends that are expected for 2019, so I thought I would share five that I’m most excited about.
1. More brands will be more inclusive with the models they work with: This year we’ve seen a couple of brands share that they don’t photoshop their models and that they are pro-body positive, like aerie and Knix – which I love, but to hear that more brands might be going this route is even more exciting. I love when I see a model with some cellulite and rolls – it’s so much more authentic and real. Humans shouldn’t be retouched or photoshopped.
2. Wellness will arrive in mainstream drugstores: This prediction from mbg excites me…I mean, there are a few all-natural, wellness products that have already hit mainstream drugstores (like The Honest Company, Burt’s Bees, and Tom’s of Maine), but if there is going to be an increase of products available it will mean one less stop to do errands. You know how grocery stores have the organic aisle…drugstores really need this too. I really hope drugstores will start stocking their shelves with organic feminine hygiene products. Last year I went organic with the help from easy. and I’m never going back to conventional pads and tampons!!
3. Bünda classes will be the trendy new workout: In Portuguese, bünda means ‘bum’, and this is what these workouts are all about – toning and lifting your butt. I’ve been loving my barre workouts, but the idea of bünda sounds like a great addition to the regime!
4. Gut healthy foods will be everywhere: Okay, I am SO excited for this prediction – for obvious reasons. If you’ve been following me, you know how big I am with digestive health advocacy and my work with The Gut Gazette, so to hear that there will be an increase in gut-healthy foods on the market is so exciting to me.
5. Wine will be made healthier: Need I say more? This was news to me but apparently there are so many wines on the market that are made with terrible ingredients that don’t need to be addressed on the label – such as colorants, tannin softeners, pesticides and fish bladders. I’m fairly mindful of the ingredients I eat…but I had no idea there could be such harmful ingredients used in the making of wine. In 2019 there will be a push for more organic wines made with ingredients that are not harmful.
What wellness trends are you looking forward to in 2019!?